Calling all ‘Weekend Warriors’
Ever wanted to know how to join two pieces of metal together? Create a cool sculpture or piece of furniture? Or just wanted to wear the cool mask? WELDING MAGIC is for you!! The one day course is welding is a hands on beginner level programme to teach you the basics and get you started on that DIY project or help you improve your existing skills. Beginners learn basic stick and MIG welding of mild steel. The participants will learn all the basic welding techniques required to work on small construction and art projects.
Durga Gawde is a sculptor. She has completed her BFA in Sculpture from The Rhode Island School of Design. Her artistic practice is informed by an investigation of self, an avid interest in biological forms and the celebration of life. She is also interested in education reform and plans to make a difference by sharing her creative skills with the world.
• Learn to weld, bend and grind metal.
• Explore a collaborative approach to design.
• Gain hands-on experience working with metal.
• Implement advanced design thinking with a team build.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
• Welders & consumables
• Steel off cuts to practice on
• Welding helmets and gloves are provided
WHAT TO BRING
• Participants to wear solid boots, preferably steel toed
• 100% cotton long sleeve shirts and trousers as sparks can cause synthetic clothes to burn