We’re hosting an IMMERSIVE 1-DAY CARPENTRY WORKSHOP for those of you interested in getting started with woodworking.
– Learn to saw, chisel, drill and sand wood.
– Practice making accurate measurements on your wood pieces.
– Understand how to make clean and attractive joints.
– Gain hands-on experience working with modern, state of the art, Wood Shop Power Tools.
– Implement advanced design thinking with a team build.
– Take home what you make!
Unlike traditional “Intro to Woodworking/Carpentry” classes, we’ve aggregated user requests, concerns and feedback with regards to what folks ACTUALLY want to learn. This workshop will take into account the real hurdles Makers, Engineers, Artists and Designers go through when realizing their ideas in Wood.
We will follow a moderately structured agenda centered on the following:
– Understanding different types of Wood: Plywood, MDF, Block board and how properties such as hardness and grain affects its working.
– Using appropriate safety measures: Gloves, Masks, and how to orient yourself when trying different woodworking methods
– Practical Woodworking Techniques using Hand Tools and Power Tools: Circular Saws, Power Drills, Automated Planers, Nail Guns, Staple Guns and more.
– Special session on JOINERY: how to implement different kinds of Joints according to use case
– Finishing Process: buffing your wood project, applying lacquer/varnish and learning how to “treat” your final product (so to speak!)
Along with the above, participants will get guided demonstrations of [THE] Workshop’s professional carpentry equipment:
– MITRE SAW, CHOP SAW, CIRCULAR SAW and JIGSAW
– BENCH SANDER, ORBITAL SANDER and FINGER SANDER
– PNEUMATIC COMPRESSOR, NAIL GUN and STAPLE GUN
– DRILL PRESS, HANDHELD POWER DRILLS and AUTOMATED PLANER