Total <DIY> Recall
Immersive Carpentry Shop Class
DIY Carpentry is back again, this time with some new tools. This edition will be a re-call to all our previous participants to follow-up on their woodworking projects ! Besides a fresh introduction to carpentry for beginners, this time we will be hosting previous participants at a discounted rate (25% off) !
For the beginners:
– Learn to saw, chisel, drill and sand wood.
– Practice making accurate measurements on your wood pieces.
– Gain hands-on experience working with modern, state of the art, Wood Shop Power Tools.
– Implement advanced design thinking with a team build.
– Take home what you make!
For previous participants and experienced users:
Introduction to Wood Router, Table Saw and Scroll Saw and Drill Press
Basics of Wood Finishing and Wood Treatment
Unlike traditional “Intro to Woodworking/Carpentry” classes, we’ve aggregated user requests, concerns and feedback with regards to what folks ACTUALLY want to learn. This workshop will take into account the real hurdles Makers, Engineers, Artists and Designers go through when realizing their ideas in Wood.
Intermediate and Experienced users will get to work with bigger and more powerful tools along with a basic discourse on wood treatment and finishing using beeswax, varnishes and stainers.
We will follow a generalised and moderately structured agenda for all centered on the following:
– Understanding different types of Wood: Plywood, MDF, Block board and how properties such as hardness and grain affects its working.
– Using appropriate safety measures: Gloves, Masks, and how to orient yourself when trying different woodworking methods
– Practical Woodworking Techniques using Hand Tools and Power Tools: Circular Saws, Power Drills, Automated Planers, Nail Guns, Staple Guns and more.
– Finishing Process: buffing your wood project, applying lacquer/varnish and learning how to “treat” your final product (so to speak!)
Along with the above, participants will get guided demonstrations of THE Workshop’s professional carpentry equipment:
– MITRE SAW, CHOP SAW, CIRCULAR SAW and JIGSAW
– BENCH SANDER, ORBITAL SANDER and FINGER SANDER
– PNEUMATIC COMPRESSOR, NAIL GUN and STAPLE GUN
– DRILL PRESS, HANDHELD POWER DRILLS and AUTOMATED PLANER
– TABLE SAW, SCROLL SAW, ROUTER
WHEN: Saturday 2nd July, 2016
TIME: 10AM – 6PM
WHERE: [THE] Workshop (www.the-workshop.in)
PROGRAM FEE: INR 2000/- per head
Lead Mentors: Ar. Anabelle M Viegas, Ar. Reuben Jacob and Martijn Van Dijck (Product Designer)
– To book a spot please click on the ticket link above or email firstname.lastname@example.org and/or call +91 8095219305, +91-9673686059, +91-9930749611; we cannot guarantee you a place unless you pre-pay! Account Details will be shared upon your RSVP confirmation.
– The Program Fee of INR 2000/- per head includes a comprehensive Safety Induction, Cost of Materials, Light Refreshments, Expert Mentoring and up to 3 ADDITIONAL HOURS of WOOD SHOP/WORKSHOP utilization for project work to be completed as per the participant’s leisure
.- [THE] Workshop facilitators will be on hand to mentor participants on the correct usage of all the above listed tools as well guide them through the Design Thinking process of the team build
– Participants MUST WEAR CLOSED-TOE SHOES (no sandals, no chappals) for the duration of the workshop and strictly adhere to Safety Procedures mentioned during the Safety Induction at the start of the session.
– We will also guide participants where to get which tools, what to look for when buying tools for DIY activities and what should be fair prices for such equipment.
Any questions, please ping us/email/call for more details details!