We’re switching things up and bringing a different kind of interactivity to our weekend workshops 😉 This is a beginner-to-intermediate “INTERACTIVE COMPUTING” event where emphasis will be placed on SOFTWARE and HARDWARE INTERFACING.
Join us this Sunday 24th July, 2016 for an immersive workshop on CREATIVE CODING – where we will be using the Processing language (https://processing.org/) framework to create real-time visualizations based on physical interactive “objects”.
This is a 1-day workshop where the following concepts and exercises will be covered by the means of a structured agenda:
+ Intro to Processing, Arduino and Physical Computing
+ Getting Started with Coordinate Systems and Shapes
+ Controlling sensor inputs with Processing and Arduino
+ Constructing a (physical) 3D LED cube via soldering
+ Interfacing LED cube with Processing by creating interactive visualizations
+ Demo and Code Walkthrough of using a Microsoft KINECT sensor to enable interactive human-figure depth tracking (this will be especially awesome ;))
When: Sunday 24th July, 2016
Time: 10AM – 6PM
Where: [THE] Workshop (www.the-workshop.in)
Cost per person: INR 1200/-
– Participants MUST bring their laptops and chargers! Any Mac/PC/Linux machine is fine.
– The per person fee includes instruction, mentoring, hands-on skill building using Soldering, DIY Electronics assembly and Interactive Computing software development
– It’s okay if you have never used Arduino and/or Processing before! Instructors and Mentors will be there to guide you through each step of the Workshop.
– All physical electronics components, arduinos, cables will be provided for participants to use during the workshop
– LED cube available to take home by participants
– Mentors and Workshop Instructors will be available to help participants debug code and troubleshoot electronics builds
– This is a “learning by doing” event, please come prepared to try new things and be surprised!
– Please share this event with those who may be interested, the more the merrier!
Any questions, please contact Kavita Arora at email@example.com