We’re hosting an IMMERSIVE 1-DAY CARPENTRY WORKSHOP for those of you interested in getting started with woodworking.
– Learn to saw, chisel, drill and sand wood.
– Practice making accurate measurements on your wood pieces.
– Gain hands-on experience working with modern, state of the art, Wood Shop Power Tools.
– Implement advanced design thinking with a team build.
– Take home what you make!
Unlike traditional “Intro to Woodworking/Carpentry” classes, we’ve aggregated user requests, concerns and feedback with regards to what folks ACTUALLY want to learn. This workshop will take into account the real hurdles Makers, Engineers, Artists and Designers go through when realizing their ideas in Wood.
We will follow a moderately structured agenda centered on the following:
– Understanding different types of Wood: Plywood, MDF, Block board and how properties such as hardness and grain affects its working.
– Using appropriate safety measures: Gloves, Masks, and how to orient yourself when trying different woodworking methods
– Practical Woodworking Techniques using Hand Tools and Power Tools: Circular Saws, Power Drills, Automated Planers, Nail Guns, Staple Guns and more.
Along with the above, participants will get guided demonstrations of [THE] Workshop’s professional carpentry equipment:
– MITRE SAW, CHOP SAW, CIRCULAR SAW and JIGSAW
– BENCH SANDER, ORBITAL SANDER and FINGER SANDER
– DRILL PRESS, HANDHELD POWER DRILLS and AUTOMATED PLANER
WHEN: Sunday, 03rd of FEB, 2019
TIME: 10AM – 5PM
WHERE: Think Happy Everyday – Workshop (www.the-workshop.in)
INR 2500/- per head
– To book a spot please click on the ticket link above or
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
and/or call : +91-9673686059, +91-9930749611;
we cannot guarantee you a place unless you pre-pay!
– The Program Fee includes a comprehensive Safety Induction, Cost of Materials, Expert Mentoring and up to 2 ADDITIONAL HOURS of WOOD SHOP/WORKSHOP utilization for project work to be completed as per the participant’s leisure
– THE Workshop facilitators will be on hand to mentor participants on the correct usage of all the above listed tools as well guide them through the Design Thinking process of the team build
– Participants MUST WEAR CLOSED-TOE SHOES (no sandals, no chappals) for the duration of the workshop and strictly adhere to Safety Procedures mentioned during the Safety Induction at the start of the session.
– We will also guide participants where to get which tools, what to look for when buying tools for DIY activities and what should be fair prices for such equipment.
Any questions, please ping us/email/call for more details